Product Manager – Mortgages
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
This position will participate in managing and leading the mortgages and home equity products and services roadmap, vision, strategies, and profitability goals for the product line and achieving success through leadership of cross-functional teams. Aligns strategy to execution, across the organization partnering with operations for efficiencies and ease of use, marketing for marketing strategies, sales for sales strategies, and distribution to ensure that the “voice of the member” is understood and at the center of our strategy as well as maintaining consistency of products across all channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Launch product and services including mortgages and home equities among other related products. Collaborate with stakeholders to establish and execute strategy, goals, tactics, budget and priorities.
- Operationalize product line strategy in close collaboration with Operations, Marketing, Business Transformation, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Member Experience and Distribution teams.
- Develop product and relationship pricing packages, with optimal positioning for market.
- Prepare financial modeling and business case assessment in evaluating the performance of products, services, and promotions.
- Develop promotional campaigns to optimize profitability and return for the Credit Union in collaboration with Marketing and other key stakeholders. Ensure positive return on promotional investment.
- Manage product life cycle and product profitability of product line(s) utilizing the Product Management Processes and templates.
- Develop appropriate success measures, monitor, and adjust plans and activities to achieve targets. Proactively lead project initiatives to meet profitability and revenue goals.
- Proactively evolve product features, efficiency, quality, pricing strategies and methods, profitability, and technology based experiences (mobile, tablet, online)
- Champion all product activities, from strategic plan goals to daily, tactical execution across the company.
- Remain knowledgeable of changing laws and regulations for product line(s).
- Understanding of mortgage pricing and in general the mortgage business model including the application process, origination, underwriting, and the sale of the product to investors as an alternative to portfolio loans.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Required Skills
OTHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Due to the nature and high profile nature of this position within the organization, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to establish professional working relationships, influence, negotiation, and collaboration across all departments.
- Exceptional writing, presentation, collaboration skills. Sample writing documents will be requested.
- Team player, independent thinker, motivated self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Passionate about the member experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial profit and loss statements and budget for product line(s).
- Ability to establish strong partnerships and collaborative relationships with Finance, Treasury, Legal, Lending, Operations, and Distribution.
- Attention to detail, analytical, problem solving, critical thinking skills required for accounting analysis, profit and loss analysis, and annual product budgeting cycle.
- Strong organizational, time management, project management abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure while handling multiple projects and priorities.
- Dedicated work ethic with a willingness to work extended hours as business needs dictate, including attending loan officer meetings after hours.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with consumer and business loans and deposit products
- Knowledge of digital channels such as mobile, tablet, web, IVR, and in person branch experiences
- Project Management Institute or International Institute of Business Analysis certificates.
- Required Experience
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field or equivalent work experience;
- Experience launching new product suites, preferably including mortgage products and services and related loans products and/or services.
- At least 5 years of financial services industry experience specifically in the mortgage sector. Comprehensive understanding of mortgages and home equity products and general knowledge of the financial services industry for other loan products and services
- At least 2 years of experience and knowledge of product management or related disciplines (e.g. project management, product marketing, finance, and business analysis)
- Strong PC skills to include proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. All employees must be able to communicate face to face or through technology with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee will be in an office environment (well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned) typically stationed at a desk or table. Employee will be asked to sit and stand for various increments of time, and to lift/push up 10 lbs. Clerical office duties on various forms of technology are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
SAFE ACT Disclosure
All positions that have lending responsibilities must comply with all requirements under the SAFE ACT, as well as the union’s policies and procedures related to the SAFE ACT. This includes an obligation on the employee’s part to ensure that NMLA registration pertaining to the SAFE ACT is kept current. The employee must notify the credit union within 30 days of any changes that need to be reflected on the NMLS Registry.
Georgia’s Own Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with obligations under federal law, every company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance women, minorities, disabled veterans, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.
- Job Location
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Position Type