Product Manager – Business, Deposit Products, & Services
- Job Description
This position will participate in managing and leading the Business and Deposit Portfolios of products and services roadmap, vision, strategies, and profitability goals for the product lines and achieving success through leadership of cross-functional teams. Aligns strategy to execution, across the organization partnering with operations for efficiencies and ease of use, marketing for marketing strategies, sales for sales strategies, and distribution to ensure that the “voice of the member” is understood and at the center of our strategy as well as maintaining consistency of products across all channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Launch business and deposit products and services including business loans, lines of credit, depository products, and related products. Collaborate with stakeholders to establish and execute strategy, goals, tactics, budget and priorities.
- Operationalize product line strategy in close collaboration with Operations, Marketing, Business Transformation, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Member Experience and Distribution teams.
- Develop product and relationship pricing packages, with optimal positioning for market.
- Prepare financial modeling and business case assessment in evaluating the performance of products, services, and promotions.
- Develop promotional campaigns to optimize profitability and return for the Credit Union in collaboration with Marketing and other key stakeholders. Ensure positive return on promotional investment.
- Manage product life cycle and product profitability of product line(s) utilizing the Product Management Processes and templates.
- Develop appropriate success measures, monitor, and adjust plans and activities to achieve targets. Proactively lead project initiatives to meet profitability and revenue goals.
- Proactively evolve product features, efficiency, quality, pricing strategies and methods, profitability, and technology based experiences (mobile, tablet, online)
- Champion all product activities, from strategic plan goals to daily, tactical execution across the company.
- Remain knowledgeable of changing laws and regulations for product line(s).
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Come on in! Banking on Purpose starts with our most important asset, OUR EMPLOYEES!
How would you like to be a part of a team that is owned by our members (you), which means you get better rates, fewer and lower fees, and the assurance of knowing that you and your success are what matter most to us.
Georgia’s Own Credit Union, one of the largest –and oldest!- financial institutions in the state. Our secret to being around so long and continuing to grow is, and always has been, finding team members that are service-driven, committed to each other, and engaged in our mission of Banking On Purpose. This promise to our members and each other was cultivated by our founders in 1934 and has continued to fuel our growth through today, which is why we are looking for talented professionals to join our mission! Our culture is one of respect amongst both managers and peers, one where you will enjoy the various challenges of your role, and one where you always be fairly rewarded for your work. We hope you’ll take some time to browse our job postings below and we look forward to learning more about you!
Do you enjoy providing guidance and support to various departments and business functions? Are you passionate about the employee development and execution of employee relations, performance management, policy interpretation, compliance, compensation and benefits consultation, recruitment and training? Are you looking for a place that will encourage great career growth? Then Georgia’s Own Credit Union is for you!
- Required Skills
OTHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Due to the nature and high profile nature of this position within the organization, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to establish professional working relationships, influence, negotiation, and collaboration across all departments.
- Exceptional writing, presentation, collaboration skills. Sample writing documents will be requested.
- Team player, independent thinker, motivated self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Passionate about the member experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial profit and loss statements and budget for product line(s).
- Ability to establish strong partnerships and collaborative relationships with Finance, Treasury, Legal, Lending, Operations, and Distribution.
- Attention to detail, analytical, problem solving, critical thinking skills required for accounting analysis, profit and loss analysis, and annual product budgeting cycle.
- Strong organizational, time management, project management abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure while handling multiple projects and priorities.
- Dedicated work ethic with a willingness to work extended hours as business needs dictate, including attending loan officer meetings after hours.
- Required Experience
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience;
- Experience launching and / or originating business and deposit product suites.
- At least 5 years of financial services industry experience specifically in business and deposit services and loan products and / or services.
- At least 2 years of experience and knowledge of product management or related disciplines (e.g. project management, product marketing, finance, and business analysis)
- Strong PC skills to include proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with other financial service products such as consumer, mortgage, and card products and services
- Knowledge of digital channels such as mobile, tablet, web, IVR, and in person branch experiences
- Project Management Institute or International Institute of Business Analysis certificates.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. All employees must be able to communicate face to face or through technology with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee will be in an office environment (well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned) typically stationed at a desk or table. Employee will be asked to sit and stand for various increments of time, and to lift/push up 10 lbs. Clerical office duties on various forms of technology are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
All positions that have lending responsibilities must comply with all requirements under the SAFE ACT, as well as the union’s policies and procedures related to the SAFE ACT. This includes an obligation on the employee’s part to ensure that NMLA registration pertaining to the SAFE ACT is kept current. The employee must notify the credit union within 30 days of any changes that need to be reflected on the NMLS Registry.
Georgia’s Own Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with obligations under federal law, every company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance women, minorities, disabled veterans, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.
- Job Location
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Position Type