Responsible for the successful completion of projects with Credit Union clients. This position supports all aspects of client facing projects from requirements gathering through successful implementation. High level responsibilities include needs analysis-based guidance, setting/managing deadlines, maintaining project schedule, assigning project responsibilities, managing risk, monitoring status and reporting on progress of project. Areas of concentration include: Credit/Debit/ATM Processing, Visa/MasterCard Brand, PIN/EFT Network, Online Banking, Bill Pay, Mobile Banking, Core System as well as a growing menu of related services.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited to:
- Maintains complex project plans and schedules, detailed activities lists and work assessment; short and long-term resource allocation plans based on input from all key players.
- Supports cross-functional teams, plans and facilitates meetings, prepares progress reports, conducts post-implementation reviews, documents lessons learned and overall project success and deficiencies.
- Monitors projects that require high levels of integration between numerous departments and/or third parties such as vendors, service providers and contractors.
- Evaluates performance and ensures conformance to terms of contractual agreement. Serves as primary liaison and provides feedback to management, staff and subcontractors.
- Evaluates proposed modifications to project scope, schedule or budget and influences stakeholders to control changes.
- Facilitates approved modifications to the project plan or engagement.
- Works with functional areas to resolve schedule and resource conflicts.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Contribute to revisions and new project templates and process documentation
- Collaborate with Executive Sponsor and support team as required related to project management and consulting
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Works well in group problem solving situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Collaboration - Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, prospects and people at all levels across the company. Contributes to team and company success. Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- Communication – Requires superior communication skills both written, and verbal, including the ability to explain highly complex technical and business concepts and challenges in terms all stakeholders can understand and appreciate, as well as able to lead technical meetings and planning sessions with various teams. Ability to interface with staff and vendors at all levels in a professional and courteous manner.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives. Organizes or schedules other
people and their tasks. Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares
expertise with others.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environments. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to the best fit the situation. Able to deal
with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Time Management - Ability to multi-task and prioritize conflicting tasks and requests
- Presentation - Confident and compelling presentation skills, with proven ability presenting to senior leadership.
- Negotiation – Ability to broker the negotiation of complex deals to a successful resolution.
- Software Planning and Presentation Tools - Proficient in Microsoft Office and other project mgmt. software experience
- 2-3 years of experience in the credit union industry and/or payments industry, with preference given to credit/debit card processing, electronic banking, bill pay
and/or mobile banking.
- 2-3 years’ experience with complex project management.
- Knowledge of Credit Card Processing, Debit Card Processing and Online Banking, vendors, tools and processes
- Facilitate creative problem-solving sessions with all levels of leadership teams across different line of business disciplines.
- Present complex project plans to senior leadership teams.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree - Preferably in computer sciences, business or other related field
- PMP certification a plus