Overall Job Description
This position oversees all aspects of process, tools, and people (Consultants) related to the CU Engage consulting practice. High-level responsibilities for process and tools oversight include: setting the strategic direction, guiding complex negotiation and vendor management responsibility, overseeing the tactical execution of the administration, advancement, and adoption of CU Engage’s Consulting Practices LOB processes and tools.
This includes oversight of the team’s ability to set/manage project deadlines, maintain project schedules, assign responsibilities, manage risk, monitor status and reporting on the progress of project deliverables, develop/advance processes/tools, and cross-train across LOB’s. Areas of concentration include: Credit/Debit/ATM Processing, Visa/MasterCard Brand, Online Banking, Bill Pay, Mobile Banking, Core, as well as a growing menu of related services. This position reports to the Chief Growth Officer and is a senior-level position.
- Setting strategy and direction related to operational excellence and efficiency
- Department management – hiring and employee management
- Coordinate internal resources for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure resource availability and proper allocation for projects and deliverables
- Oversee the consulting team’s successful management of detailed project plans and the monitoring and tracking of their progress
- Report and escalate project successes and issues as needed
- Ensure the team’s successful management of the operational project relationships with the client’s core evaluation team and all internal stakeholders
- Vendor Management – building ongoing relationships with vendors in our market and act as escalation point when needed
- Thought Leadership via webinars, articles and tradeshow presence
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks with CU Engage Consulting team
- Set strategic direction and maintain process and tools backlog for all commercialized consulting lines of business
- Administration - Work with Consulting team to maintain and refine existing consulting LOB processes, tools and documentation
- Advancement - Work with Consulting team and to build new and advance existing consulting LOB processes, tools, and templates
- Adoption – Build and maintain a plan that ensures the project teams successful training and adoption of CU Engages LOB consulting practices processes and tools
- Collaborate with Financial/Pricing Analysis and team as required
- Direct involvement in the development and rollout of the 360FI platform to leverage the technology to continue to scale the company
- Direct involvement in the launch and growth (revenue goals) of Engage FI targeting Community Banks
- Continual team building and employee engagement/training responsibility
Knowledge and Experience
- 10 or more years’ experience in the credit union industry and/or payments industry, with preference given to credit/debit card processing, electronic banking, bill pay and/or mobile banking.
- Knowledge of Credit Card Processing, Debit Card Processing, Core Banking and Online Banking, vendors, tools and processes
- Experience in successfully completing vendor selection technology projects Involving both product and custom solutions.
- Demonstrate ability to manage external, third party vendors and clients including their employees, consultants and designated subcontractors
- Facilitate of creative problem solving sessions with all levels of leadership teams across different line of business disciplines.
- Present complex solutions to senior leadership teams.
- Exposure to contract negotiations and vendor management
Skills and Competencies
- Strategic Planning & Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Works well in group problem-solving situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Meeting Facilitation & Presentation Skills - Confident and compelling presentation skills, with proven ability presenting to senior leadership.
- Communication & Collaboration
- Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, prospects, and people at all levels across the company. Contributes to team and company success. Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities. Demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships. Proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes. Works to achieve constructive resolution.
- Project Mgmt. Planning & Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives. Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks. Develops realistic action plans.
- Negotiation – Ability to broker the negotiation of complex deals to a successful resolution.
- Planning and Presentation Tools - Proficient in Microsoft Office and other project mgmt. software experience
- Time Management - Ability to multi-task and prioritize conflicting tasks and requests.
- Employee development and management – ability to lead and develop a team of project-focused analysts.
Characteristics and Traits
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environments. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to the best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.